We have created a new Certificate in Residential Valuation, designed for existing RICS members who qualified via a different pathway but now want the knowledge and skills to be able to offer residential valuations or who are returning after a career break. Members of other professions with rights of direct entry to RICS may also be interested (e.g. CIOB, CABE etc.)
Residential valuations in the UK are required for mortgage lending, as well as for probate, investment decisions, tax, and matrimonial disputes and of course private clients.
Currently there is no vocational qualification available for existing surveyors and others who have deep understanding of residential building construction and pathology but have limited valuation skills. This certificate will be a mix of both training and assessment. Candidates will carry out valuations on a variety of real properties employing a range of valuation techniques to demonstrate that as well as having the requisite valuation knowledge, they can consistently apply that knowledge. In this way, the Certification in Valuation is different from just doing CPD in valuation.
On Wednesday 17th February 2019, we will be hosting a Webinar where our Managing Director, Austin Baggett and Director of Surveying Services, Hilary Grayson will be presenting and answering any questions.
It will cover:
- How the qualification has been designed for existing building professionals who want to gain the knowledge and skills to be able to offer residential valuations
- The roles and activities that candidates will be able to successfully undertake upon completion
- An overview of the training and how learners are assessed
- How the qualification leads to entry into the RICS’s Registered Valuers Scheme
- Intakes and investment required
If this qualification interests you and you would like to join us for the Webinar, you can book your free place here. If you would like to discuss the qualification with one of our course advisors, please give us a call on 01908 442158.