A consultation seeking views on a number of reforms to the leasehold and commonhold system (in England and Wales) following recommendations in the Law Commission’s reports published in July 2020 has been published.
Specifically, it seeks views on:
- The non-residential limit for collective enfranchisement;
- The non-residential limit for right to manage claims;
- A non-residential limit for individual freehold acquisitions;
- The introduction of mandatory leasebacks as part of collective freehold acquisitions;
- Commonhold voting rights in shared ownership properties; and
- The provision of information during the sale of a commonhold property.
The consultation ends on 22 February 2022; you can find it here.